Have you used St James's place in the last 13 years?

You may be due a refund or compensation worth thousands, even if your investment has performed well. Find out for free if you can claim Thousands Of Pounds In Compensation

Get started

Rated 4.7 +

Google Reviews

Over 10,000 +

Claims Submitted against SJP

25 +

Years Experience

Over £400m In Compensation From St James's Place

St James's Place have agreed to set aside £426 million to start compensating some of their clients for failing to provide the right level of service. In a matter of weeks we can investigate a complaint on your behalf and fight to get the compensation you deserve.

With over 10,000 people having already been awarded compensation you can trust this established process. It's simple, online, and takes less than 5 minutes to complete.

Find out today if you are entitled with our online claim form.

Start your claim
What are mis-sold pensions & investments?

Pension mis-selling has become a growing concern in recent years, seriously impacting a large number of individuals and their once secure retirement plans

A mis-sold pension can include any pension scheme, such as defined benefit, defined contribution, or Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP), which you were advised to invest in without being provided with all the necessary information required to make an informed decision

Start your claim
Can I make a claim against St James's Place?
It's not always obvious when you've been mis-sold a pension or investment. If any of the following apply to you, we recommend completing our quick and easy eligibility form to find out if you're entitled to compensation
You've lost money as a result of unsuitable financial advice
You're unhappy with the investment you've made
You were advised to invest most of your savings in a single product
You weren't provided all the necessary information needed when investing in a new pension or investment scheme
You haven't had a meeting at least once a year with your financial adviser to review your Investment or Pension
Get started
Here are some frequently asked questions about our process for mis-sold pensions and investments.
How long will the claims process take?

St James's Place typically take 12-15 weeks to reach a decision after receiving a complaint.

Is there a time limit on claiming?

There's a standard time limit of six years from when the mis-selling occurred, or three years from when you became aware of it. However, we recommend completing the assessment, and our Claim Specialists will verify if there's a valid claim or not.

Do I need to pay any upfront fees to file a claim?

SCA Law offer a free online checking service where you can go through an initial assessment to see if you may have a valid claim. If we can help you, we offer a No Win, No Fee agreement. If your claim is unsuccessful, you don't have to pay any legal costs to our firm. You only ever pay anything if your claim is successful. Our fee is 40% plus VAT. (48%).

Am I able to file a claim if the financial advisor goes out of business?

Even in this scenario, a claim can still be filed on your behalf. Financial advisers usually have insurance in place to cover these types of things. If not, we can send your claim to the FSCS who investigate claims that have no insurance when the advisor has ceased trading.

How much compensation will I receive?

If the advice provided wasn't suitable for you, our law firm will strive to restore you to the position you would have been in if you had received proper advice. This could involve reimbursing any losses you've incurred, or fees for services not received, including interest. We'll thoroughly investigate the matter and provide guidance on the extent of the losses suffered. However, if your claim is processed through the FSCS, it's important to note that there's a compensation cap. This means the maximum payment you could receive would be £85,000.

Do I need to provide paperwork to you?

Once you've signed a Letter of Authority, we will take care of the claim process and any necessary requests for additional documentation from the financial advisor or other third parties. The only paperwork you'll need to handle beforehand is signing an application form before the claim is submitted.

Get started

SCA law is a registered trading style of JACKSON BRIERLEY HUDSON STONEY INCORPORATING A.H. SUTCLIFFE & CO. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No. 51809 The Old Parsonage, 2 St Mary's Gate, Rochdale. OL16 1AP

©️ Copyright 2003 - 2024 JBHS - Incorporating A.H. Sutcliffe & Co.

We use cookies for general analytics and to help improve your website experience. By continuing to browse our site, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. Cookies Policy.